This October, McPherson County Will Celebrate Its Strong and Successful Industrial Base!
McPherson County Stakeholders know that Manufacturing matters to McPherson and the surrounding County!
To celebrate the County’s Industrial success, MIDC and McPherson Chamber of Commerce want to join the Nation in celebrating Manufacturing Day, which is October 7th, 2016. Because of the County’s concentration of successful and growing manufacturers, MIDC and the Chamber have requested a proclamation to designate the WHOLE month of October as “Manufacturing Month.” This is an opportunity for our manufacturers and industries to highlight their operation and their workforce to energize and engage a future pipeline of skilled workers. This will be the 3rd year McPherson County has taken part in the celebration.
During the month of October several manufacturers and related industries in the county will open their doors and invite people to experience all the potential of modern manufacturing and to help foster interest in these high tech and great paying manufacturing careers. Students, teachers, parents and job seekers can see for themselves that manufacturing provides clean, safe, high-tech environments in which to pursue challenging, creative well-paid careers.
Participating Companies- To Date:
The Bradbury Company- Moundridge, Kansas-10/6/2016
Central Plastics-McPherson, Kansas-10/7/2016
Johns Manville- McPherson, Kansas-10/18/2016
Skynet Unmanned Aerial Services-McPherson, Kansas
Viega, LLC- McPherson, Kansas-10/7/2016
- This October, McPherson County Will Celebrate Its Strong and Successful Industrial Base!
- Industry Continues Family Success-Central Plastics Expansion Announcement
- When It’s Time to Consider Career Possibilities, GO McPherson!
- Looking for a place to start or build your career? Look no further than McPherson County!
- McPherson Museum Announces Plans, Campaign
- Community/Business Services
- Jenna Balsick 2015 Moving Forward Fund Recipient
- ACT WorkKeys help employers/employees in job search